The Butterfly and The Pig






It’s only taken me until Friday to post about my Sunday dinner, but I suppose if this makes you hungry for Yorkshire puddings then it’s only a 2 day wait! My boyfriend and I went to The Butterfly and The Pig on Sunday for (an unintentional) Sunday dinner. If you haven’t been before, the Butterfly and The Pig is a restaurant/bar located on Bath Street with a quirky, cosy feel - kinda like a pub you’d find in the middle of the countryside.




For a starter I got the goats cheese and sweet potato salad, served on a bed of rocket with tomatos and covered in balsamic dressing. 

I can’t really fault this starter, if I was to go back during lunch time I’d probably order the main sized version with with a side of some sort of bread.






 

For the main, we both ordered the Sunday roast. I would have usually chosen beef however, again, going out my way for “research” purposes I decided to order the pork belly so we could try both.


The pork belly was really fatty as expected, and if you’re into well cooked fat, as I know some strange people are, then order this. The beef was faaar more up my street, all of the veg was beautiful, in particular the parsnips and of course that stunning Yorkshire pudding. Would order again with beef. 









I left a whole 3 potatoes from my main so even contemplating a dessert was a struggle, however there was not 1 thing on the dessert menu I wouldn’t have eaten. If you ever have a sudden sweet tooth I’d recommend going here for something sweet and some tea. 

The pudding came with a butterscotch sauce and a scoop of vanilla. After a morning of making Johnny watch Great British Bake-Off Masterclass he had suddenly decided himself as a bit of a Paul Hollywood and said the sponge was “a bit dense”, it wasn’t though. 







Comments